Monday, April 30, 2012

Walk-ography...Walney Pond, April 29, 2012

Monet always comes to mind here

I have decided recently to try and get more walking in my life.  From what I've heard and read, it's a great source of exercise for the body, mind, and soul, but how does one chic stay motivated and not get bored which I am sorely guilty of when it comes to any sort of exercise program. As I pondered, I thought.....well, what better way to stay motivated than to somehow include my love for photography during my walks.  GENIUS!
Even just to shoot one photo from each walk, and then post it here on my blog as a progress report, and, maybe, for other's to enjoy is a great idea!  So...Walk-ography (yes, I made that up) is born and hopefully will thrive. We shall see.

For starters, my criteria will be...
  • Try to walk no less than 30 minutes.
  • Walks will be mostly close to home in Centreville, Virginia
  • Take at least one photo during my walk...equipment will most likely always be my cellphone.
  • And, of course, have one or both of my pups, Peppa or Liberty, tag along for moral support.

On a Side Thought...I wonder if other photogs have done something like this? If so, I'd love to hear from you or see your adventures in Walk-ography. :) Any great walking trail recommendations in the Northern Virginia area would be fantastic, as well.

Lots of Lilly pads...almost covered the whole pond.




So, here we go! Even though I've already been trying this out for the past  week or so, my first Walk-ography post displays my walk at Walney Pond located in Chantilly, Virginia, yesterday April 29, 2012.  I love Walney Pond...such a beautifully hidden piece of nature just feet away from the congestion that is called Surburbia of Northern Virginia.  I have posted photos taken here a few years back, so I was due another walk around the pond block.

Papa and Peppa

My companions this particular walk were my friend, John, and my side-kick, Peppa Pig (aka my little chihuahua). It always fun to have willing companions.



A perfect home for a Gnome don'tcha think?













   Because I love this place..It was impossible for me to just take one photo to represent this episode of Walk-ography.  All in all, it was a great walk with perfect weather. I'll even forget about the disgusting tick I found on my body this morning.  Walney Pond is a definite addition to my walk roster.  I'll just remember the tick repellent next time. :)












No comments: